- INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
We may collect a variety of information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
If you do not provide your information when requested, you may not be able to use our Services if that information is necessary to provide you with our Services or if we are legally required to collect it.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
- Registration and Profile Information. if you sign up for an account, register to use our Services, purchase our Products, or sign up to receive information about our Services, we ask you for your, or your client’s, first and last name, e-mail address, phone number, physical address, login information, and any other information we collect.
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our Customer Support Team, we will receive your name, mobile phone number, the contents of a message, and any other information you choose to provide.
- Careers. If you decide that you wish to apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information, your resume, and your cover letter online. We will collect the information you choose to provide on your resume and in your cover letter, such as your education and employment experience.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU USE OUR SERVICES
- Location Information. We infer your more general location information (for example, your internet protocol (IP) address may indicate your more general geographic region.
- Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including IP address, web browser type, operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens.
- Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, such as the pages or other content you view and the dates and times of your visits.
- Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third-party partners, such as analytics partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Services.
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
- Widget Information. Other websites may integrate Review Alert’s widgets (such as Review Beacon and TEXT chat). When you visit a site with a Review Alert widget embedded, we may receive certain information about you, including information about the web page you visited, your IP address, and other information about your device. We know when you interact with a widget, and websites containing the widgets may receive this information.
- Text Information. We may facilitate text messages between you and your customers. In the process, we may receive information about these communications, such as the date and time of the SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of any SMS messages.
- User feedback. We receive information about review and surveys and give clients information about ratings and reviews.
- INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM THIRD PARTIES
- Information from Third Party Services. If you choose to link our Services to a third-party account, we may receive information about you, including your profile information, photo, and use of the third-party account.
- Other Third Parties. We may receive additional information about you from third parties such as data or marketing partners and combine it with other information we have about you.
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Services;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- For marketing purposes, such as customizing and communicating informational or product offerings, promotions, and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you;
- To de-identify and aggregate information collected through the Services and use it for any lawful purpose;
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms and Conditions or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or as requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
- HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may share or otherwise disclose information we collect from or about you as described below or otherwise disclosed to you at the time of the collection.
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Services.
- Third Party App Integrations. If you connect a third-party application to our Services, we may share information with that third party.
- Analytics Partners. We use web analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and opt-out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Social Networking Platforms and Other Online Services. Our Services allow you to, upon your direction, share information with social networking services, such as Facebook. Google and Instagram You understand and agree that the use of your information by any social networking websites will be governed by the privacy policies of these third-party platforms and your settings on that platform. We encourage you to review their privacy policies.
- As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures. In cooperation with governmental authorities and in our sole discretion, we may access, preserve, and disclose information about you if we believe it is necessary or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as in connection with a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) if we believe a disclosure of such information is necessary to protect your, our, or other’s property, rights, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of information about you may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through the Services.
- Sale, Acquisition, Merger or Other Asset Transfers. We may disclose and transfer information about you to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
- Consent. We may also disclose information from or about you or your devices with your permission.
- INTERNATIONAL VISITORS
Our Services are hosted in the United States and intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from United States law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the United States to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. Your providing of information, including personal information, on or to the Services constitutes your consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- CALIFORNIA USERS
If you have registered with us, you may request that we delete your information in your account by contacting us. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information upon request. We may archive all or some of your information as we believe may be required by law or for legitimate business purposes
- YOUR CHOICES
- Community Features. The Services include sharing features, review submission features, chat areas, message boards, e-mail functions, messaging services, file communities, polls, surveys, and other services (collectively, the “Community Features”). We provide these Community Features subject to the Terms and Conditions, and the community guidelines. By using any of the Community Features, you acknowledge and agree that information you post or otherwise make public will be available to the public. To change whether certain information is publicly available, you can adjust the settings in your account.
- Location Information. You can prevent your device from sharing precise location information at any time through your device’s operating system settings.
- If you choose not to provide us with information we collect, some features of our Services may not work as intended.
Review Alert values the security of your information. We have implemented reasonable security measures that are designed to protect the information we maintain. However, as our Services are hosted electronically, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.
- UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION OR POSE A QUESTION
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. or write to us at 42w 38th street suite 1201, New York, NY 10018
Last Updated: February 18, 2020
Our website address is: https://reviewalert.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.